Instead of a Five at Five, I'm just linking the stuff that I've seen today that I've enjoyed, most of which comes from blogs on my sidebar. Basically, it's stuff that I wish I'd written, if only I were clever enough.
- Sweet video of the 2006 Div. I indoor mile championship race. To call it a kicker's race is to put it mildly. Just watch the splits, and watch them go from a jog to a sprint at 800m (2:18, 1:54).
- I'm not sure where the Creator of Worlds found this picture of Algore, but it makes my skin crawl. Don't miss the comments, either (which include an appearance by the inimitable iowahawk).
- Dave at Garfield Ridge is on effin' fire. Here he steals Power Line's thunder by eviscerating uber-douche E.J. Dionne's latest tripe; and then he deftly exposes the Democrats' latest agenda for what it is -- an avoidance of the biggest issues of the highest order.
- It's as if Britney Spears wakes up in the morning and tries to come up with a new way to act like an ignorant hillbilly.
- Because thinking is hard and no film producer can come up with an original idea anymore, all of my fond childhood TV memories have been corrupted by shitty Hollywood adaptations. Ice Cube strips the last vestige of goodness from me, as he plans to do a big screen adaptation of Welcome Back, Kotter. It's times like these when I wish Max Zorin had succeeded in filling the San Andreas fault with water, or Superman didn't thwart Lex Luthor's plot to wipe California off the map with MX missiles.